WordPress powers more than 16% of the web, and Facebook, aspires to be the web for its more than 900 million users. So, in that context, the integration makes quite a lot of sense for both parties.
However the integration is not for the in-experienced and involves a lot of terminology so we recommend clients contact us for help.
The benefits of the WordPress to Facebook integration are:
- Publishing a post on WordPress will share the post automatically to your timeline
- Link to the page will be share
- Post to an author’s Facebook Timeline whenever a post is made public
- Mention Facebook friends and pages. New posts will be published to the timelines of the mentioned account(s) and displayed alongside the post.
- Like, send, and subscribe buttons can be easily added to a post to drive social distribution with custom settings scoped to your Facebook application identifier.
- Facebook Comments Box social plugin including noscript fallbacks for easy indexing by search engines.
- Open Graph protocol integration to help your content stand out in Facebook newsfeed, Twitter Cards, Windows 8 bookmarks, and other consuming agents.
- Recommendations bar helps visitors discover more content on your site by recommending other articles and encouraging Like shares.